A Property Lawyer in our Simply Team is a highly coveted role. We are a professional group of highly technical conveyancers offering a premium client service, and are looking to recruit a like-minded individual who can join our team to enhance this position.
We have a strong culture that we are proud of and want to protect, and as such your values will be of equal importance to us during the selection process. We use technology extensively to make all our lives a bit easier – and so you need to be able to pick this up fairly quickly.
As a Property Lawyer in the Simply Team you will manage your own caseload and your own time / conveyancing tasks. Your caseload mix will be matched to your skills & experience, and we encourage all our colleagues to take advantage of the training and development available to enhance your skillset and progress to more technical cases and higher job levels.
A professional support group will manage all the initial administration of contracts and case management set up, before the client is introduced to you; their Property Lawyer. Legal Assistants are available (if preferred) to provide support you during the case. After agreeing a successful Exchange, the case is then handed back to our support teams, this time a Post Exchange team and then a Post Completion team.
- To represent Simply Conveyancing and exhibit all of our core values whilst at work: Trust, Support, Hard Work, Client Centricity and Fun.
- Responsible for representing clients though the residential property sales & purchase conveyancing transaction, whilst also spending the time and effort to support them as their trusted partner.
- The transaction type you will be managing will be determined by your current technical proficiency, and you are responsible for pushing yourself to try more complex case types, with full knowledge that you are surrounded by teams of experts all willing to support and coach.
- Become a coach, mentor and advisor to those who are seeking to learn themselves. Either to junior Property Lawyers or Legal Assistants who are looking to develop themselves in a new career.
- To uphold our greatest core value of Integrity, to ensure we always do things the proper way, do not cut corners and always seeking to protect our client’s best interests. Be on the look-out for potential fraud or money laundering activities, and be brave enough to raise any concerns of a lack of integrity.
- Outstanding conveyancer – we want to see someone with a proven track record of carrying a full/mixed caseload
- Kind, open, honest and approachable – our #1 specification
- Trustworthy – it works both ways and we need to rely on you as much as you rely on us
- Multi-tasker – managing every client as if they were the only one
- IT savvy – we like our technology and it is important you know how to get the most out of it (training is always on hand)
- Hard worker – this isn’t 9-5. We give you full flexibility and agility to work how you like, so that you can meet client needs when required
- Team player – transactional law is such an individual’s role, but engagement/enjoyment is all about the people in your team
- Good communication and willingness to share – no technical jargon, no hierarchy, no question too stupid – just supporting each other to get a little bit better each day